It’s with great pleasure that we nominate the following works from New Southerner for the Pushcart Prize:
- “Annunciation” by Wanda Fries (poetry)
- “My Black Dog” by Wanda Fries (poetry)
- “Something in the Wash” by Angela Jackson-Brown (fiction)
- “The Beauregard Group” by Leslie Whatley (fiction)
- “How to Save 89 Cents” by Michele Niesen (nonfiction)
- “Leanin’ Back” by Jennifer McGaha (nonfiction)
The Pushcart is an American literary prize by Pushcart Press honoring the best poetry, short fiction, essays and “literary whatnot” published in small presses over the previous year. Magazine and small book press editors are invited to nominate up to six works. An anthology of selected works has been published annually since 1976. Prize winners and others selected for reprint will be notified in April 2011.
Congratulations to our nominees!