New Southerner is an online magazine promoting self-sufficiency, environmental stewardship and support for local economies. We believe these values are essential to the health and happiness of all people and the natural world. In addition to the online magazine, we sponsor an annual literary contest and publish finalists and winners in The New Southerner Literary Edition, which appears online and in print. Click here for more information about online and contest submissions.
Editor-in-Chief: Maggie Brown
Founding Editor: Bobbi Buchanan
D. Cameron Lawrence
Written permission must be obtained to reprint articles, photographs and graphics from New Southerner. Requests must be submitted in writing or e-mailed to maggie [at] newsoutherner [dot] com. Please include:
- Title or headline and name of writer, artist or photographer
- Intended use and number of reprints to be made
- Name of organization, business or publication
- Contact name and telephone number
- $25 per article, photograph, or graphic item sent through PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or check or money order payable to Maggie Brown mailed to address below. Please indicate payment preference when submitting your request.
1627 Story Ave.
Louisville, KY 40206
Please allow 10 working days for reprint permission requests. If permission is granted, all reprints must include this statement: “Reprinted with permission from New Southerner.” The article or articles must be reprinted in full. New Southerner reserves the right to refuse requests to reprint material.