New Southerner is an online magazine promoting self-sufficiency, environmental stewardship and support for local economies. We believe these values are essential to the health and happiness of all people and the natural world. In addition to the online magazine, we sponsor an annual literary contest and publish finalists and winners in The New Southerner Literary Edition, which appears online and in print. Click here for more information about online and contest submissions.
Editor-in-Chief: Bobbi Buchanan
D. Cameron Lawrence
Written permission must be obtained to reprint articles, photographs and graphics from New Southerner. Requests must be submitted in writing or e-mailed to bobbi [at] newsoutherner [dot] com. Please include:
- Title or headline and name of writer, artist or photographer
- Intended use and number of reprints to be made
- Name of organization, business or publication
- Contact name and telephone number
- Check or money order made payable to Bobbi Buchanan for $25 per article, photograph or graphic item. Payment is also accepted online through our secure Paypal account; please indicate payment preference when submitting your request.
1450 Highgrove Road
Cox’s Creek, KY 40013
Please allow 10 working days for reprint permission requests. If permission is granted, all reprints must include this statement: “Reprinted with permission from New Southerner.” The article or articles must be reprinted in full. New Southerner reserves the right to refuse requests to reprint material.