It’s with great pleasure that we nominate the following works from New Southerner for the Pushcart Prize:
- “To Sing and Sing Again” by Marianne Worthington (poetry)
- “The Rabbit Cage” by Matthew Haughton (poetry)
- “Dictum” by Rosemary Royston (poetry)
- “Blasting Zone” by G.C. Compton (poetry)
- “The Heart of the Woods” by Eva Sage Gordon (nonfiction)
- “We’re All In” by Jeannine Dorian Vesser (fiction)
The Pushcart is an American literary prize by Pushcart Press honoring the best poetry, short fiction, essays and “literary whatnot” published in small presses over the previous year. Magazine and small book press editors are invited to nominate up to six works. An anthology of selected works has been published annually since 1976. Prize winners and others selected for reprint will be notified in April 2012.
Congratulations to our nominees!